Planning a vacation in beautiful city of lakes, Udaipur in Rajasthan? The city is also called the Venice of the East with beautiful palaces, lakes and amazing views of the city. And when in Udaipur, you must plan a visit to City Palace. Purely an architectural delight with a history of over 400 years, built by Maharana Udai Singh and his successors, the palace has lot of untold stories for you.
City Palace is located on the banks of Lake Pichola and is one of the largest Palaces in Udaipur. City Palace is a wonderful blend of Medieval, European and Chinese Architecture. The heritage Palace has lots of towers, domes and arches. A true feast to the eyes, City Palace is a remarkable mix bag of courtyards, pavilions, terraces, corridors, rooms and hanging gardens.
In this article we will be guiding you with all the details including timings, attractions, ticket prices and boat rides at the lake.
Entry Fees / Ticket Prices
The City Palace Udaipur Entry Fees for permitted areas is Rs. 30 for Adults and Rs. 15 for children. Rs. 200 is charged for Still Camera and Rs. 500 is charged for Video Camera. The entry fee for the City Palace Museum comes at the price of Rs. 250 for Adults (Above 18 yrs age) and Rs. 100 for Children (5 to 18 yrs age).
There is no entry fee for children below 5 years of age. There is also a charge for camera, which is Rs. 250. Entry ticket for student groups comes at Rs. 100 per student. Check out our pages for City Palace Udaipur Ticket Prices and amazing offers.
You can visit the City Palace on all days of the week. Udaipur City Palace Visit Timings are between 9:30 am to 5:30 pm.
Boat Rides Charges / Rates
A boat ride is one experience that you should not miss when you are in City of Palace. The enticing view of sunsets in the lake will truly mesmerise you and will give you the most fascinating memories of your trip. There are a lot of different packages for Boat rides which are available. Here is the list of City Palace Udaipur Boat Ride Rates:
- Boat ride Adult – Rs 400/-
- Boat Ride Children (5 – 12 years of age) – Rs 200/-
- Sunset Boat Ride for Adults- Rs 700/-
- Sunset Boat Ride with Child (5 – 12 years of age) – Rs 400/-
- Charter Boat (Capacity 7 PAX Regular) – Rs 4500/-
- Charter Boat (Capacity 7 PAX Sunset) – Rs 6500/-
- Charter Boat (Capacity 8 -12 PAX Regular) – Rs 7500/-
- Charter Boat (Capacity 8 – 12 PAX Sunset) – Rs 10000/-
- Charter Boat (Capacity 13 – 18 PAX Regular) – Rs 11500/-
- Charter Boat (Capacity 13 – 18 PAX Sunset) – Rs 14000/-
- Charter Boat (Capacity 19 – 24 PAX Regular) – Rs 15000/-
- Charter Boat (Capacity 19 – 24 PAX Sunset) – Rs 18000/-
There are different set of timings for all the regular boats and sunset boats depending upon the ongoing season. Continue reading to know more about the timings of the boats.
- Winter Boat timings for Regular are 10 am to 2 pm and Winter Boat timings for Sunsets are 10 am to 5 pm.
- Summer Boat Timings for Regular are 10 am to 3 pm and Summer Boat timings for Sunsets are 10 am to 6 pm.
Nearby Tourist Attractions
The trip to City of Place is a must visit when you are in Udaipur. The place will truly mesmerize you with its beautiful ancient architecture and with its enriching history. Some of the major attractions of City Palace are The Crystal Gallery, the Vintage Car Museum, Daawat-e-Aam, Daawat-e-Khas, Maharani Palace, view of the city, Lake Pichola, Hathi Pole, Eklingji Temple, Fateh Sagar Lake.
Mewar Light and Sound Show that is organized every evening here is very popular among tourists. There are lots of guides available who gives you deep insight of the history of City Palace and areas around. They generally charge Rs 300 for the visit at the complex.
Article Title: City Palace Udaipur: Entry Fees, Ticket Prices, Visit Timings, Boat Rides Charges and Rates
Article first published on November 19, 2019.