Gateway of India is one of the oldest and most prominent tourist attractions of India. Based in Mumbai, it stands out playing a major role in Mumbai’s makeup. The trip gives you an incredible experience of Mumbai’s lifestyle, its people, and the architectural beauty of this monument. It reminds you of the British rule as the monument was inaugurated on December 4th 1924.
Gateway of India Mumbai: Ferry Prices, Boat Charges, Timings, Entry Fee and More
Interesting Facts about Gate of India:
Not many people are aware but for tourists this would be an interesting fact to know that the monument is 26 meters tall. It is joined with four turrets and the stones are carved with intricate latticework. What makes it more interesting is that the structure is an adaption of the Arc de Triomphe, Paris.
One of the major reasons why thousands of international tourists come to visit this place daily is that the last British ship was set to sail in 1947 when the left the country permanently from Gateway of India.
What’s near Gateway of India?
- If you stand close to this Monument, you get to the see the beauty of Mumbai in an epic manner. It is surrounded by Mumbai’s breathtaking Marine Drive and faces the giant Arabian Sea.
- Opposite to the Gateway of India, you will find the iconic hotel ‘The Taj’. Many people enjoy a buggy ride that takes you through a short trip to show what Mumbai looks like. Take the buggy ride at night to enjoy the colorful lights on the Buggy.
- The monument is built of Basalt and during those times, almost 21 lakhs INR was spent to build the arch itself. The monument gives you an amazing blend of Indo-Sarcenic style which is a combination of India and Islamic Architecture.
Gateway of India Entry Fee:
The entry to Gateway of India is free; however the boat rides will be charged as per the seating arrangements. The ticket fare starts from 70/- INR per person for a 30 minute boat ride.
Read Interesting Article Also: Red Carpet Wax Museum Mumbai Ticket Cost
(Check the season you are traveling as boats do not function during monsoon season due to high tides). *Monsoon start from early June and lasts till early September.
Gateway of India to Alibaug Ferry Timings:
If you wish to sail to Alibaug from Gateway of India via ferry, you may choose either of the below options:
- Take a to and fro boat from Gateway of India to Mandwa.
- Take a to and fro bus from Mandwa Jetty to Alibaug Bus Stop.
- Ferries are available from Gateway of India to Alibaug after every few minutes from 06:15 to 17:00. You may choose from a range of different operators and Gateway of India to Alibaug Ferry Timings and choose your seats accordingly.
Gateway of India to Alibaug Ferry Fare / Ticket Cost:
- The tickets to Alibaug by Ferry begin from INR 85 for main deck and go up to 150 for an air conditioned cabin. The upper deck would cost you INR 135.
Read Interesting Article Also: Royal Garden Resort Mumbai
Gateway of India to Elephanta Caves Ferry Fare / Ticket Cost:
Enjoy a Ferry ride from Gateway of India to the iconic and epic Elephanta Caves. Reach early to enjoy all the iconic 5 Hindu caves and 2 Buddhist caves with epic religious carvings. One of the major attractions is the 20 feet ‘Trimurti’ of 3 headed Shiva.
- The return journey on a Luxury boat would cost you INR 150 pp for adults and INR 100 pp for children (3 to 7 years).
- Return journey on an Economy boat would cost you INR 120 pp for an adult and INR 85 pp for children (3 to 7 years).
*The caves are closed on Mondays.
Gateway of India to Elephanta Caves Ferry Timings:
The first boats to Elephant Caves begin from 09:00 AM and then there are boats every 30 minutes. The last boat departs at 05:30 PM.
Article Title: Gateway of India Mumbai: Ferry Prices, Boat Charges, Timings, Entry Fee and More
Article first published on July 17, 2019.